Don’t look now, but in just over a week, it’ll be Thanksgiving. This year has flown by! And if you’re like us, you’re probably starting to scramble planning a Thanksgiving meal for your loved ones. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Today, we’re sharing a unique recipe that adds a special twist to the traditional Thanksgiving turkey. Introducing the Little Soya Honey Glazed Turkey!
The Little Soya Honey Glazed Turkey adds a bit of sweetness and depth of flavor to your bird, giving it a beautiful shine and vibrant color that makes mouths water at first sight. The good news is this recipe is fairly simple and doesn’t require much more planning than cooking a traditional Thanksgiving turkey, but a few little tweaks make a world of difference with flavor and presentation.
Little Soya Honey Glazed Turkey Recipe
1 16-lb turkey
2 cups Little Soya gluten-free soy sauce
1 cup honey
¼ cup sesame oil
1 TBS salt
1 TBS ground pepper
1 tsp Chinese five spice
- In a large mixing bowl, mix Little Soya soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil together. Once mixed, place the turkey in the bowl and let marinate breast side down for 1 hour. Turn the turkey and marinate breast side up for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰
- Combine salt, pepper, and five-spice in a small bowl to create your seasoning mix.
- Remove turkey from marinade, saving excess marinade.
- Place turkey in large roasting plan with the breast side facing up. Season liberally with seasoning mix. Turn the turkey to breast side facing down once finished seasoning.
- Add 3 cups water to roasting pan; over turkey with foil loosely.
- Roast turkey for a total of 4 hours, adding leftover marinade and 1 cup water once an hour.
- Flip turkey to breast side up, use remaining marinade, cook uncovered for additional 30 minutes.
- Ensure thigh has reached 165⁰ before pulling turkey out of oven.
- Let rest for 30 minutes before carving.
Note: If you wish to add a gravy, check out some of these great Thanksgiving gravy recipes.
That’s all there is to it! You’ll have a Thanksgiving turkey that has everyone clamoring for seconds! Who would have thought it could be so easy?
From all of us here at Little Soya, Happy Thanksgiving!