So even though we use Little Soya on just about everything, we know we’ve got to include a few other foods into our diet sometimes. 😉 So let’s talk about Super Foods! We’ve all heard about them, but what are they and what do they really do for you?
noun: superfood; plural noun: superfoods
a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being.
Though there is no legal or medical definition, superfoods are nutrient powerhouses that pack large doses of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. Eating them may reduce the risk of chronic disease and prolong life.
5 Superfoods that we love!
- Garlic – It’s literally good for EVERYTHING… well maybe not your perfume but definitely everything else! Nature’s antibiotic! Garlic is an anti-fungal, antibacterial, anti-allergenic and it not only combats colds, reduces blood pressure and lowers risk of heart disease but Garlic is great for cooking.
- Berries, Berries, Berries! – Of all the super foods, berries probably get the most accolades. There is even a berry called a Miracle Berry… what other super food gets that title? Berries are loaded with vitamin c, anthocyanins, flavanoids, polyphenols, minerals and vitamins. They can aid with heart disease, skin conditions, viral infections and cancer. Some of our favorites are Acai, Blueberry, Goji, Maqui and Noni. Also, they are sweet and delicious.
- Raw Cacao (Organic only) -The Amazonian Antioxidant Powerhouse! Regular chocolate has been chemically roasted and processed and if’s not organic, you can almost guarantee it was picked from cacao plants that contained pesticides and GMO’s. YUCK. But when you get the good stuff, it’s really really good. Not only is it a significant source Iron, Magnesium, Calcium and Antioxidants… it’s a mood elevator and anti-depressant. Sold.
- Capscaicin – For when you need a little spice in your life. Capscaicin is the active component of peppers and it is what’s responsible for packing the heat! This little (but powerful) chemical compound is known to help with headaches, arthritis, is a sinus decongestant, lowers cholesterol, regulates blood sugar, boost metabolism and has a ton of Vitamin A and C. As a bonus, when you eat hot peppers your body releases endorphins to counteract the pain. This process results in a bit of a “high” or “rush” during and after eating spicy foods. In fact, ancient Aztec and Mayan civilizations considered chilli peppers to be an aphrodisiac. Bonus!
- Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil – There are just so many benefits to this stuff. You can use it for your body (internally or externally), you can use it in your cooking, baking and even raw foods. You can make soaps with it or even soften and condition real leather. CPVGO does it all! This superfood supports the immune system, has strong anti-fungal properties and targets bad bacteria while also being amazing for all types of skin beauty treatments as well as aiding with skin disorders. We love you Coconut oil!
This list is just some of our own personal favorite Super Foods and the reasons why we love them. You may have your own opinions for or against and we’d love to hear them. Comment and let us know your faves!!