As 2014 comes to a close, we couldn’t be more proud of all that we accomplished over the past year, and we are thrilled for the big things we have planned for 2015. Way back at the beginning of this year, we told you that Little Soya had plans for worldwide domination in 2014. Over the course of the year, we achieved some major milestones for the brand, getting our best tasting, gluten-free soy sauce in more restaurants, homes, hotels, and other venues than ever before!
With that in mind, let’s take a brief walk down memory lane and recap some of the biggest Little Soya stories of 2014.
- Little Soya launches a new website—We started the year off working hard to update our website, coming up with a fresh look and new content to truly capture the essence of our brand. The new website launched in the early part of the year, serving as a foundation for all the big things that were to come for Little Soya throughout the remainder of the year. If it’s been a while since you’ve browsed our main website, we encourage you to check it out!
- Little Soya makes sushi history by co-sponsoring a free dinner at the “Jiro Dreams of Sushi” famed restaurant in Japan—As sushi fanatics, it was a tremendous honor for Little Soya to co-sponsor free dinners at the world’s most legendary sushi chef Jiro Ono’s restaurant Sukiyabashi Jiro in Japan. Along with our great friends and co-sponsors Sushi Club of Houston and Kubo’s Sushi Bar & Grill, we were able to help sushi lovers grab one of those 10 coveted seats and enjoy a meal of a lifetime.
- Little Soya launches to the International Space Station—It doesn’t get any bigger than this! On July 29, 2014 at 6:47 pm (CDT), Little Soya made history by becoming the first gluten-free soy sauce to be launched into space. And you’d better believe we celebrated in style. Friends, family, and the media gathered to watch the Ariane 5, ATV-5 rocket launch our gluten-free soy sauce packets into space, some 220 miles above the Earth. Those who couldn’t make it tuned in online to watch the launch from around the world. It still amazes us to think that right now, at this very moment, our soy sauce is being enjoyed by astronauts in outer space.
- Top restaurants continue to choose Little Soya—In 2014, Little Soya found its way into more kitchens of the nation’s top chefs. From New York to Las Vegas to Miami and everywhere in between, countless restaurants made the Little Soya switch this past year. We’re now in over 550 restaurants across the country!
- Little Soya gets featured in Good Housekeeping magazine—Little Soya made a major media splash in 2014, earning coverage from a number of different outlets, primarily for the launch of our gluten-free soy sauce into outer space. The media frenzy was capped off by a feature in the October 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping where Little Soya was featured in the monthly Editors’ Picks section for our cute, convenient on-the-go gluten-free soy sauce packets that are perfect to drop in your purse for a sushi night out.
2014 was truly a banner year for Little Soya, but we believe the best is yet to come. Stay tuned to see what big things we have planned for 2015.
Thank you for all of your support, and a very Happy New Year from all of us to you!