Whether you’ve just discovered the universe’s greatest gluten-free soy sauce or you’ve consumed so much Little Soya that it’s pumping through your veins giving you superpowers, we’re willing to bet there are some things you still don’t know about our premium soy sauce. So, listen up because class is in session. It’s time to reveal 5 facts about Little Soya that you probably didn’t know.
- There’s a “Chef Grade” version of Little Soya—When you think of Little Soya, you probably picture our cute, convenient, one-of-a-kind fish-shaped packets (more on those later) that line store shelves across the country, but did you know that we also offer a “Chef Grade” version of our soy sauce? Our “Chef Grade” soy sauce is a little lighter in color and flavor and also a touch saltier than what comes in our infamous fish-shaped packets. That’s because the “Chef Grade” version is designed to be used as a cooking ingredient rather than a condiment. Chefs, click here to find out how you can get a free sample of our gluten-free soy sauce.
- Little Soya won an award for its unique packaging—One of the things that sets Little Soya apart is our unique, single-use, fish-shaped packets. Not only are they just plain cool and cute, but they’re highly functional. Unlike traditional tear-open soy sauce condiment packets that make a mess, our fish-shaped packets are leak-proof, resealable, and easy to use. That’s why Little Soya was a 2012 sofi Awards Silver Finalist for Outstanding Innovation in Packaging Design or Function.
- It’s not just Asian restaurants that are using Little Soya—Soy sauce and Asian cuisine go hand in hand, but Little Soya isn’t just preferred by Asian-inspired chefs. Our gluten-free soy sauce is used in restaurants serving all types of cuisine. In fact, about half of the restaurants using Little Soya are a mix of American, BBQ, Mexican, Peruvian, Italian, and Indian restaurants.
- Little Soya has become a popular cocktail ingredient—It’s no secret that Little Soya can elevate just about any dish, but you might not know that our gluten-free, less-sodium soy sauce is also a featured ingredient in some of the tastiest cocktails you’ve ever had. From the Michelada created by the geniuses at Houston’s The Pastry War to The Little Soya Cobbler featuring byejoe (an ultra-premium baiju, China’s most popular traditional alcohol), these cocktails prove that Little Soya really is “So Good You Can Drink It!”
- Little Soya is the first gluten-free soy sauce in space—Little Soya isn’t just the best gluten-free soy sauce in the world; it’s the best gluten-free soy sauce in the universe! On July 29 2014 at 6:47 pm (CDT), Little Soya made history by becoming the first gluten-free soy sauce to be launched into space. Right now, the astronauts on the International Space Station could be enjoying our delicious gluten-free, less sodium soy sauce! How cool is that?
Be honest: Did you know any of these 5 facts about Little Soya?